The Matterhorn is a peak that has fascinated naturalists and artists for centuries.'..a spectacle of indescribable grandeur...an immense natural amphitheater, in the presence of these grand walls the mind is overwhelmed, not indeed that it is unable to contemplate the scene, but it staggers under the immensity of those objects which it contemplates.' William Brockedon 1825
A figure of contemplation sits at the summit absorbing the grandeur of the natural world below.
Featured on the front cover of the book 'Mountains and the German Mind - Translations from Gessner to Messner, 1541-2009' edited by Sean Ireton (University of Missouri), Caroline Schaumann (Emory University).
- Museum-quality art print made on thick and durable matte paper with a fade-resistant surface
- Size: 12x18 inch/30x40cm (including 10mm white border)
- Paper thickness: 10.3 mil
- Paper weight: 5.6 oz/y² (192 g/m²)
- Giclée printing quality
- Opacity: 94%
- Limited run
- Frame not included
- 14 day full refund return guarantee
Fast worldwide shipping in a protective cardboard tube.
As per section §19 of the German Value Added Tax Act (UStG) the VAT is not shown separately.